Smile Bright: The Best Teeth Whitening for Your Lifestyle and Teeth
How can you find the best teeth whitening system to give you the perfect white smile? Visiting the drug store without doing your homework can make selecting the best teeth whitening product a bit challenging. If you want to choose the best teeth whitening program, start by evaluating the current condition of your teeth and determining what type of whitening program best fits your lifestyle.
To get started, review these key considerations before heading out in pursuit of the best teeth whitening regimen to meet your needs.
Choosing the Best Teeth Whitening System for You
• How discolored are your teeth?If your teeth are only moderately discolored, you may want to pick a mild teeth whitening kit to help you achieve and maintain a beautiful smile. Products such as Crest 3D White Whitestrips Stain Shield remove tough stains from coffee, wine and tobacco in just five minutes a day. They also protect from future stain build-up, giving you a brighter, whiter smile that lasts.
• Do you have teeth sensitive to whitening?Those with teeth sensitive to whitening may experience discomfort from some of the more powerful teeth whitening products on the market. Therefore, you may want to consult with your dentist for a recommendation, or select a product such as Crest 3D White Whitestrips Gentle Routine, which offers more subtle whitening for sensitive teeth.
• Have you had a lot of dental work?Even the best teeth whitening kits won't work on dental work such as caps, crowns, veneers, partials, fillings, or laminates. As a result, it's important to consider that you may experience noticeable color differences after whitening. This is because your regular teeth will become whiter with whitening, but dental work will not, leading to uneven coloring throughout your mouth. In addition, those who have had significant dental work should always consult with a dentist before starting a whitening program.
• How much time do you have to dedicate to teeth whitening?Many of the best teeth whitening systems only require minutes a day, but others can take up to an hour a day. Evaluating the color of your teeth and your lifestyle can help you determine the best teeth whitening kit for you. Often, products that require longer application times offer more dramatic and lasting results. For example, Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects is one of the best teeth whitening kits available and provides professional level whitening that lasts for up to twelve months. Best of all, it only requires 30 minutes application time per day.
• How much do you want to spend?Cost for teeth whitening products can range from around $20 for at-home teeth whitening systems to $500 for professional treatments. Fortunately, you don't have to spend a fortune for the best teeth whitening.
The bottom line is that everyone's teeth—and lifestyle, for that matter—are different. That's why doing a little bit of research and consulting with your dentist can help you narrow down your options when looking for the best teeth whitening products available.